Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sorry!

There are several things I love about playing the game, "Sorry!" with my 3- and 6-year-old.

First, that they are capable of playing. They can count, they can take turns.

Second, that they can win without anyone giving them strategic advice.

Third, that whenever Bunny gets a Sorry! card, after bumping the opposing piece she says, "Go back to your home, you silly stink!"

The only strategy that I consistently remind them is to get their pawns out of Home Base whenever they get a 1 or 2. Else, I only explain the cards that have options and let them choose their course of action. There have been several instances where I would have given them advice that would have led to failure. Let make their move, then tell them the alternative. Like most other times in life, learning from failure can lead to greater success than previously imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment