Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Promise Fulfilment

Okay, I guess it's my day to bitch and moan about things.

My receipt from my last visit to Sports Authority had a promotional stub that says, "Sign up and save! Go to sportsauthority.com/save and join our mailing list to save $25 off your next purchase of $100 or more."

I logged on and input my information. Upon my submitting my information, the website indicated that my coupon would come in my email. It arrived just a few moments later, but with a shocking addition.

"14-DAY COUPON"

Man was I pissed. Furthermore, the 14-day window started on Feb 1. Well, it's already Feb 4!

I sent an email via the 'contact us' portion of their website. We'll see what happens!

The following is the letter I wrote:

Upon making a purchase at a land-based store, I saw a stub for a
promotion where, upon submitting my email address, I would get $25 off
of my next purchase of $100 or more.

I logged onto the website, read the directions, and submitted the
requested information.

When I received the coupon in my email, I was taken aback by the
expiration date. It gave me a window of less than two weeks to make my
purchase and get the promised discount.

Nowhere on the stub of my receipt nor on the website submission form was
there a detail about the limited window of the promotion. The stub says,
"...off of your next purchase of $100 or more."

I would like you to send something to me saying that I do not have a
specific window and that you will uphold your initial promise of the
money off of my next purchase of $100 or more, whenever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment