Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Coincidence

For my office documents, I use Open Office. Open Office is free software from Sun Microsystems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software. It is very good quality and again, free to download from OpenOffice.org.

I have been working on making a schedule for JD and myself. Basically, it's to help me plan my days so that I'm working with him on oral skills as well as giving him time to play. It will also help me know when I have time to do shopping, etc.

With pen and paper in hand, I started making a schedule. Then I realized that I am sitting at a computer and that such a template must exist. It didn't on the Open Office default templates, but there was a link to get more templates online. Point and click.

There, right on the templates home page, with a big, both graphic, was a weekly planner. Exactly what I wanted. It's always nice when the computer reads your mind.

My Rabbi once told me that there is no such thing as a coincidence. I would like to think that God has better things to do than make my template readily available. Then again, what's wrong with a small miracle once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment