Monday, August 27, 2007

Help! My son is lazy!

Our son has several talents that could probably put him into the top percentile of his class, but there is one thing that I'm starting to worry about.

He doesn't hold his own bottle.

For the past two months, I've been trying to teach him to hold his bottle. While feeding him, I'll actually take his hands and put them on either side of the bottle. While he is beginning to get it when I do that, he still will not take the initiative to pick it up from the start. Furthermore, he hasn't grasped the concept of gravity with respect to liquids in a sealed container; he doesn't understand that he has to tilt the bottom of the bottle up to make the formula come down to the nipple.

Does anyone have suggestions? I know that our son is barely 7 1/2 months old, but we have high expectations. I believe that he can learn, if only I knew how to teach him. Help!

2 comments:

  1. repetition. Just keep showing him and he will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it takes time but eventually he will just know to tilt the bottle up. don't worry. remember patience!

    ReplyDelete