Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rockfish & Quinoa Salad

Made a yummy dinner tonight; wanted to share.

Got some rockfish on sale from whole foods, $8.99 per pound. Bought two fillets, one around ten ounces for me, one around six ounces for Wife.

Made quinoa salad. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/04/mediterranean-quinoa-salad.html
Changes: did not use Kalamata olives and added Feta on my own (Wife doesn't like olives.)

Rockfish preparation:
I knew that I wanted a white wine butter sauce, so I just sprinkled some salt and pepper on my fillet, then made the following: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/wine-sauce-for-seafood/
For next time, I will use only the juice from 1/2 lemon and add some capers.

For Wife, I made a spicy preparation that had a little less than 1/4t kosher salt, 1/8t fresh ground black pepper, dash each of paprika and ground red pepper. Wife said it was good, though a little on the salty side.
Next time I will use 1/8t of each ingredient, thought that may still be too much. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment