Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Modern Learning Platforms

 One of the best things about modern education is the online learning tools. Both McGraw-Hill and Pearson have tools that allow you to use drag and drop to rank or label. Even better is "check my work." 

For me, getting a problem wrong is annoying (and sometimes infuriating,) but knowing why I got something wrong dampens the blow. And that's what the homework provides: instant feedback on problem solving. 

Old / traditional way: do homework. Turn in homework. Teacher grades homework. Teacher gives homework back days or weeks later. 

New way: do homework getting constant feedback about my progress.

I can't find a way to make the old way better. Can you?

***

Oh, Pearson calls these "dynamic study modules." I forgot that you can not only answer questions and get feedback, but you can rank as either 

I'm sure

I think so

Not sure

I don't know yet

It also then tells you were to find the answers or where your weaknesses are and where to focus your studying. 

McGraw-Hill also would create practice tests for me, so hopefully Pearson's app will do that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment