Thursday, January 14, 2021

Back to School!

 Long overdue is the "announcement" on this blog that I've begun my pursuit of a career in Nursing. 

Helping others is something that comes naturally to me. While never up for Homemaker of the Year, caring for my wife and kids for the last 14 years has been some of the best life experience I could have gained for this career. For real - I've handled a lot of body fluid over the years. A lot of brown, yellow, and red. And probably some white. 

This coming Tuesday, January 19th 2021, I will begin my second semester at Chicago City Colleges - Malcolm X college. In the fall, I took and was able to get As in BIO 121 and CHEM 121. It is my goal to not get anything besides an A in my classes all the way through. Humble, huh?

While those were challenging courses, they were merely intro courses. This semester, I'll take BIO 226 and 233 - Anatomy & Physiology and Microbiology, respectively. My ability to maintain that high level of academics will tell me how realistic that pursuit of perfection is.

On top of my two courses, I also achieved a certification as a CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant. It was a 5-week intensive course. Unfortunately, I came down with COVID-19 the week of the final and had to not only delay my final exam for a month, but that cost me the possibility of officially entering the RN program this spring. The good news is that I'm still able to take courses that I would have had to take for my degree. Perhaps that will allow me to work as a CNA while I'm in nursing school.

That is the other side - that I am going to start looking for work. Hopefully, I'll be able to find something close to home, but we'll see! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment