Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lunch Salad

About 3 cups chopped romaine
1/4 cup each baby kale & spicy mixed greens, loosely packed
2 Tbls favorite dressing (today, I'm using Farmed Here's sweet basil vinaigrette)
1/4-1/2 avocado, sliced
1/4 cup sliced cucumber
1 Roma tomato, sliced
salt & pepper, to taste

Wash & dry lettuce and greens.
Toss with dressing in large bowl, then transfer to plate or large salad bowl
Top with remaining veggies.
Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt and cracked pepper on top, if you're into that, or don't.

I considered slicing up a jalapeño. But I didn't. Just because. Now I wish I had.

After writing this as I'm resting, I got up and took a heaping fork-full of hot giardiniera. It's delicious. If you count calories consider how much dressing you are using if you as giardiniera, as it if packed in oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment