Thursday, May 9, 2013

Surrender

In general, I do not cave when it comes to the kids. They do not get whatever they want. At all.

Give me your best tantrum.

Screaming definitely will not get anything except a requisite apology.

Threatening me will get me to laugh.

The realization that osteoporosis or general bone weakness has made me cave.

Chocolate milk, it is.

Yes, my friends, I have finally surrendered to my just-turned-four-year-old. She was not drinking white milk. Maybe eight to ten ounces per day. Not enough.

So, I've gone chocolate. (You know what they say . . .)

Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate milk. LOVE IT. On the other hand, I don't want sugar to be the only way I get my children to eat food. (Or excessive fat and salt.)

Wife suggested that I simply add a smaller amount than the serving size. Will see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment