Friday, August 24, 2012

Homemaker Tip - Food Storage

When storing any food in plastic containers (I prefer Snapware) I have begun putting a folded paper towel at the bottom.

One thing it does is control the condensation and regulate the humidity within the container. It also prevents fruit from soaking in it's own juice. I believe the juice breaks the solids down.

Example: i chopped a cantaloupe two days ago and put it in a container with a paper towel at the bottom. Not only is the bottom free of sticky syrup, but the fruit has remained firm and retained its taste.

I do so with chicken nuggets that have been cooked and it keeps them from getting soggy and sticking together. I do it with raw chicken and with cooked bacon.

Try it sometime and you'll find that your prepared food lasts longer and tastes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment