Monday, November 10, 2008

Pick and Choose

JD's been eating cereal with milk for a few weeks now. His favorite cereal is bran flakes. Just plain bran flakes.

I recently found that he likes raisins. This morning, I put some raisins into his cereal. I realized I had just created raisin bran. Quite the brain storm, I know.

At first, he did not know what to make of this concoction. He stared at it for a while, then looked at me and said, "Hot," which means he doesn't want to eat it or that he doesn't think it's ready to be eaten.

I had finished my Cheerios and decided to pick out the raisins. It was just too much of a good thing, I guess. The few raisins that remained I buried under some flakes. Ready to go.

JD went to town eating the bran. After a few spoonfuls (or spoons full?) he discovered a raisin had gotten on to the spoon. He reached with his opposite hand and picked the raisin out and ate it.

He proceeded to eat the rest of his cereal in that manner. After he'd finished his cereal, I gave him the balance of the raisins and he finished those. I'm just worried about what I'm going to come across tonight or tomorrow in his diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment