Saturday, November 13, 2021

Food Failure

 I realized the other day that there is not one meal that I can think of that I can cook the exact same for all four people in our house that we all would eat. 

Actually, that's not true. I think that if I served plain hamburgers with French fries and glasses of water, we would all eat that. 

It makes me sad and reflective on how this came to be and I can only look in the mirror. 

There are lots of other successes that I can point to and say that I influenced that positive outcome. This is not one of them.

If I have any advice to a young family, it is to reduce the number of snacks in your pantry. Snacking between meals is unnecessary and a symptom of boredom. Make meals that everyone can tolerate and that are balanced. Introduce new foods in small amounts but frequently and prepare them simply. Wait to introduce condiments. 

Finally, there is no such thing as "kid food." Foods high in salt, sugar, and saturated fat are tasty to all humans. We (yes, I include myself) are just preparing our kids to be diabetics. 

That is all. Good luck, because I know it's easier to type in a blog than it is to do in real life.

1 comment: