Monday, November 1, 2021

Cravings no more

 I've been on a ketogenic diet (really, carb sensitivity diet) for about 4 months. The reasons for doing so were weight gain and cravings for sugar.

The latter was the main problem. At 6'5", 218 lbs, I was a bit overweight, but not too bad. Still, it had been creeping up. And I am almost 100% certain why it would have continued to tick up. 

Because of cravings.

I would get addict-like cravings for sugar, especially at night. When I'm in it, it feels like an uncontrollable, out-of-body experiece. I'm looking at myself from outside of myself, saying that this is stupid and that I shouldn't be eating all of this junk food. But my body would be incontrol and do what it felt it needed to do. 

Now that I've been eating a carb-restircted diet, my cravings are almost zero. I can be around foods that would have made me cave and maintain my discipline. 

In other words, it's not just psychological discipline, but my body has better chemical discipline. It's not demanding this food.

Case in point: this past weekend was that of Halloween. I love chocolate. Love. I love chocoalte candy. Love. So, I told myself that this weekend I would be able to eat anything I wanted. And I did. Pizza, candy - whatever. 

This morning, there's candy all over the place and I'm not interested.

Since starting right around July 1st, I have lost 18 lbs. I do wish that I'd done measurements and blood work before starting (adipose fat and blood sugars and other levels,) but I didn't.

That's all. If you want to learn more, these are the resources that have influenced me:

Tim Ferris

Peter Attia

Phil Maffetone

https://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/ketogenic-diet-plan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment